Quick Creamy Chicken


I made this chicken for my son's lunch this morning. I was pressed for time and I could think of nothing better than this, considering his canadian taste buds. I packed this with some cooked pasta. 

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients: 
Chicken breast - 1 whole cut into bite size pieces.
Corn Flour - 2 tblspns
Salt to taste
Garlic cloves - 2 medium grated
Thyme- 1/4 tspn
Philadelphia cream cheese - 2 tblspns.
Black pepper - a pinch
Olive oil - 2 tblspns
White button mushrooms - a few

Method:
 1. Clean, wash and cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces. Drain, wipe with paper towels and toss the pieces in corn flour after rubbing them with salt. 
2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan, add the coated chicken pieces and lightly fry them till they turn opaque. Do not brown them.
3. Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan. Stir and toss them with the chicken pieces till they soften a bit. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of water, give it a stir and cook for 2 mins gently on medium heat. Now add the grated garlic and thyme followed by whipped philly cheese and a dash of black pepper. (Beat the philly cheese with a tblspn of milk or water to avoid lumps. Give it a good stir till it thickens a bit. If it is too runny add 1/2 a tspn corn flour mixed with water.
4. Remove from the stove and serve with rice or pasta. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I myself am canadian and enjoy the traditional canadian meals. With growing older I do find my taste buds changing and I look frequently for new recipes to try. I wanted to comment to you to tell you that I love your blog. I love the way you incorporate photos of these very appealing meals, and I am very excited to try some of your recipes. You may see future posts from me asking for help or tips. Please keep posting they all look great.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to mention that after seeing your daughter and the excitement in her voice as she showed us this wonderful site was certainly the seller for me to try your wonderful recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your encouraging comment. I am glad that you want to try some of my recipes. More than blogging it gives me greater pleasure when people try my recipes and comment on them. Please do not hesitate to shoot your questions if you have any, I will be more than happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you about how my recipes turned out. Feel free to post your comments and suggestions in the box below or leave a message through the contact form.